Copywriting & Copyediting
- Ad copy
- Tag lines
- Social Media
- Sales Catalog
- Product One Sheets
- SEO content
- B2B Marketing
- Press Releases
- Music reviews
- Celebrity interviews
- Pop culture articles
- Lifestyle articles
- Word Processing: Word, Pages, Google Docs
- Spreadsheets: Excel, Numbers. Google Sheets
- Presentations: PowerPoint, Keynote
- Graphics: Photoshop, Pixelmator, Illustrator
- Video: Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5
- Publishing: InDesign, FrameMaker, PageMaker
2016 - Present Web Media Creator Los Angeles, CA
- Independently produce short, shareworthy branded videos (specializing in food and craft tutorials) for social media
- Write web content and provide or source images
- Create ad/sales copy
- "Advertorial" branded content
2015 - 2016 Demand Media (now Leaf Group) Santa Monica, CA
Content Director, Cuteness.Com
Supervised content creation and publication for Cuteness.com—a pet-focused content and community site founded in 2008 and acquired by Demand Media in June 2015. Cuteness was a 2016 Webby Award Honoree in the Web Community category.
- Managed a team of freelance content writers to produce news stories, videos, curated product lists, interviews, and other shareworthy content.
- Maintained editorial calendar; brainstormed and assigned stories; edited all content; sourced and edited images
- Produced and edited DIY video tutorials.
- From Q2 2015 - Q1 2016, solely edited and published 1500 articles, in which time traffic increased 274.5%—from an average of 275K unique monthly visits to 755K. Q2 2016 saw an additional 40% increase in traffic MoM from April - May 2016.
- In Q2 2016, was instrumental in developing new voice and more engaging content during site redesign and relaunch.
2014 - 2015Demand Media (now Leaf Group) Santa Monica, CA
Content Director, Saatchi Art
Work in close collaboration with design, marketing, art curation, and artist/customer support teams to create website content, marketing copy, and email communications for SaatchiArt.com. This includes (but is not limited to): splash pages, landing pages, artist support newsletter, email templates, automated email alerts, and FAQs.
Developed concepts and wrote ad/advertorial copy in publications including Southbay Magazine, C Magazine, and ICON (American Society of Interior Designers quarterly magazine).
Managed a team of writers to create 100+ SEO art history articles for product category pages. This resulted in an increase of site traffic from 930K unique monthly visits to over 1.6M unique visits.
Rewrote all operations team email templates to improve clarity and tone
2012 - 2013 Crashworks, Inc. Pasadena, CA
Lead Copywriter (Contract)
Researched various tourist attractions (museums, historical landmarks, public art pieces, etc.) and wrote concise and compelling descriptions for each to be published within a social-networking iPhone app and on the web at www.cra.sh.
Created the company’s style guide and copywriting best practices manual for use in training new writers.
Edited copy submitted by other writers to ensure adherence to company voice and style guidelines.
2011 - 2012 Queen's University Belfast Belfast, Northern Ireland
Full Time Graduate Student (Cognition & Culture) & Research Coordinator
2010 - 2011 LiveNation Entertainment Hollywood, CA
Worked closely with Live Nation clients and project managers to create advertising copy for sports and music events.
2009 - 2010 Razorgator Interactive Group Los Angeles, CA
Senior Content Manager
- Led a team in writing and editing content for sites beneath Razorgator Interactive Group umbrella: Razorgator.com, SuiteAgent.com, PrimeSport.com, and various microsites.
- Wrote copy for social media promotion campaigns including sweepstakes, quizzes, and blog posts.
- Created a modern, more engaging company voice during site redesign.
- Trained and managed a team of 10 freelance writers to create compelling SEO content that adhered to company voice and brand. Edited all copy.
- Wrote web/print ads and radio spots for sports and music events.
- Wrote album reviews, concert reviews, and music news articles for Razorgator-owned music blog.
2005 - 2009 Ticketmaster Entertainment West Hollywood, CA
- Head copywriter for Ticketmaster-owned web agency, Cottonblend (now an independent agency). In this position, wrote copy for sites including HerbieHancock.com, Troubadour.com, Cottonblend.com.
- Managed a team in writing and editing content for Ticketmaster and its clients (e.g. music and sports events promotion copy, radio scripts, artist bios, seasonal entertainment guides, FAQs, etc.)
- Wrote articles and conducted artist interviews for publication and podcast on music news website LiveDaily.com (now Soundspike.com).
- Wrote and edited web ads, splash pages, and email notifications for partnership campaigns with American Express, iTunes, Expedia.com, OpenTable.com, and more.
- Assisted in preparing user testing materials.
- Led effort to rewrite Ticketmaster’s corporate content style guide.
2005 IBM/Toyota Torrance, CA
Technical Writer (Contractor with TekSystems)
Wrote policy and procedural documentation for Toyota National Headquarters IT personnel. This entailed interviewing experts from all IT support teams (Unix/Linux, Windows, Network Operations) and writing clear and concise standard operational procedures that adhered to Toyota policy.
Edited existing documentation for clarity and accuracy.
Solely created official procedural template and style guide in order to standardize all Toyota Help Desk documentation.
2001 - 2004 CSULA Los Angeles CA
Full Time Student (English)
2000 Western Digital Irvine, CA
Technical Writer (Contractor with Kelly Technical Services)
Copyedited and formatted end-user manuals for Western Digital hard drives using Adobe FrameMaker.
1998 - 1999 Printrak, a Motorola Company Anaheim, CA
Worked closely with software designers and testers to compose user manuals for Jail Manager System software using Adobe FrameMaker and Photoshop.
1997 VARS, Dentech (sold to KLA/Tencor) San Jose, CA
- Wrote end-user manuals for Video Archival & Retrieval Systems (VARS) for semiconductor fabrication plants.
- Wrote online help documentation using WinHelp.
1996 - 1998 Ultra Fab International
- Interviewed product experts in order to write end-user manuals for custom-built silicon wafer wet processing stations for clients including Western Digital, Universal Semiconductor, and Motorola.
- Completely redesigned layout for company standard user manuals using Adobe PageMaker and Corel Graphics Suite.
- Managed company newsletter—responsible for assigning articles, writing, editing, and layout.
- Wrote online help documentation using WinHelp
2012 M.A. (with distinction) in Cognition & Culture
Queen's University Belfast Belfast, Northern Ireland
2004 B.A. in English (magna cum laude)
California State University, Los Angeles L.A., CA
1995 A.A. in Liberal Arts
Cypress College Cypress, CA
Awards & Affiliations
International Graduate Student Scholarship, Queen’s University of Belfast, Northern Ireland.
1994 Winner of J. Robert Leach Scholarship for Excellence in Writing, Cypress, California.
Golden Key International Honour Society 2000-2004
Phi Kappa Phi International Honour Society 2000-2004
English Tutor (1 year) for the Literacy Network of Greater Los Angeles
Wardrobe Assistant (5 months) for Women Helping Women—an organization providing clothing and employment training to homeless & abused women.